Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

How it started

I have this idea since last year. I asked a bazaar friend of mine to buy some batik from Indonesia during her trip there. Then I keep those almost a year in my stash. Because they are so pretty, I decided to make something pretty and because I was too ambitious, that incomplete project still hanging on the mannequin.

So I was thinking, sometimes the ideas is just in front of us. I was thinking what I really want. Clothing.

I just cant spend on a dress for my kid, mass made and put at high price. I rather made myself. Looking at the stash again for so many times, lets make simple skirt, the normal clothing that my kid will wear again and again. Match will semi casual shirt, she can wear it to a birthday party and pair with tank top, she can run wild at the park.

That's it, and lets explore how far can we go with this batik, when people always underestimate it.

That is leelokids.

No comments:

Post a Comment